This article assumes that you have already completed the necessary steps to obtain a User/Author account with your AV-1 Administrator.
As an Author, you can publish and manage your own posts without approval or editorial review. Of course, with great power comes great responsibility so, whichever post submission method you choose, please be mindful of the following…
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation matter. We would like your peers to see you as the professional thought-leader we know you to be. Taking an extra moment to make sure your I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed goes a long way to elevating your status within the AV-1 Community.
- Disambiguate the nomenclature. We know you are smart, so to avoid casting doubts about your IQ, try to avoid technical jargon and obscure acronyms. When it’s unavoidable, remember always to SOTFOIP (Spell Out The First Occurrence In Parentheses).
For short, quick-and-dirty (plain-text) posts
More than a tweet but less than a article. Have a burning thought, observation or question to share with the AV-1 Community? Just send a plain-text email to the submissions email address (obtain address from your AV-1 Admin). Keep in mind…
- The message MUST originate from your approved email address.
- The message SUBJECT will become your post’s TITLE.
- EVERYTHING in the message body will become the post’s CONTENT, so make sure to remove any signature lines and other.
- The WordPress app will automatically insert your by-line.
- Message MUST be sent in PLAIN-TEXT.
- Messages may take up to 90-minutes to post to AV-1.
For impressive posts
Sometimes it is better to have absolute control over the look of your posts so that you can add images, sidebars and embedded links. There are several ways to get there…
- Login to the AV-1 site and compose a post in your browser using WordPress’s TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor. This editor also gives you access to the html code when you need to do something special.
- Use a mobile app available for just about any device you may be carrying.
- Download Windows Live Writer for Free.
- Press This is a bookmarklet: a little app that runs in your browser and lets you grab bits of the web. Use Press This to clip text, images and videos from any web page. Then edit and add more straight from Press Thisbefore you save or publish it in a post on your site.Simply browse to the Available Tools page (you will need to login) and then drag-and-drop the Press This link to your bookmarks bar or right click it and add it to your favorites for a posting shortcut. Here’s how it works: